Do you have a youth in your family that would like to increase their commitment to nordic skiing? The new Haliburton Nordic Development Team is a Fall to Spring training, racing, and volunteering program designed to help skiers develop a life-long interest in nordic skiing. Find the full details here.
We are blessed to have had XC trails declared an essential service during the current lockdown. We all need to get outside and get moving to stay mentally and physically healthy during this time. Help us stay open by obseverving a few basic protocols when visiting one of our 3 trail systems.
- Stay distanced. It’s easy to do on skis. Stay at least 2 pole lengths apart, especially when you are breathing hard.
- Don’t gather. Please don’t ski in large groups, or stop on the trails for a visit or a picnic.
- Ski, then go home. We love to see you out on the trails, but the parking lots and trails are crowded. Get your ski in, then head home to free up space for other folks.
Observe these few simple protocols and we can ski right through the lockdown. If you have questions or concerns about skiing during the lockdown do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kick off the 2019/2020 season at the annual Ski Swap/AGM
9 AM (start of ski swap)-11 AM
This is a great time to meet other skiers, get a good deal on some used equipment, and have input into the direction of the HHNTA.
The ski swap is an informal affair; if you have used equipment that you would like to sell or give away, bring it to Fleming before 9 and set it up in the room provided. All sales are between individuals. HHNTA does not accept payment on your behalf
For immediate attention: Skiing at YMCA Camp Wanakita
The good folks at Wanakita continue to make their trails available for use by our members. They charge us nothing for this and derive no financial benefit: it is the definition of a generous act.
- Your HHNTA pass gives you access to the ski trails only. No other access to the site is implied or given.
- Park in the front lot, close to the office, obeying all parking signs. DO NOT attempt to drive further into the site.
- Check-in at the office. Use the Wanakita sign-in system. If staff are present, double check with them that your car is parked appropriately
- Obey all posted signs relative to skiing
- DO NOT enter any buildings while you are on site.
- Obey any instructions that a staff member gives you.
CCC is in the midst of rebranding, and wants to hear from their stakeholders. If you are a member of HHNTA, then that means you. Every year, a portion of your membership fees goes to support CCC.
Today, we need your participation as we embark on the most important part of our revitalization – brand identity. Our brand is more than our logo. It identifies who we are as a community and communicates a common vision for the future. Our brand must align with our strategy and core values. It will force us to make decisions on where to focus.”
The ski season is off to an early start. We have a few Kms of trail groomed in Glebe park, with more on the way soon . Memberships and registration for all of our Youth Programs is now open. Please register online. You can either pay online, or by cash/cheque.
We are always looking for volunteers to keep trails in good shape, and to help with club programs. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Trail prep and maintenance: from heavy (grooming, chainsawing) to light (clippping brush, picking up sticks)
- Youth Programs. You don’t have to be a ski-coach to help young folks fall in love with skiing. We can always use more hands on a busy Saturday afternoon
- Club activities. Moonlight skis, weekly ski groups, scavenger hunts……there are lots of possibilities. We just need keen folks to help make them happen.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, or have ideas for other activities that would make the Highlands a better place to ski, contact us at email@example.com
The moth is gone, the internet is functioning once again, and online registration is up and working: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=16669&lan=1&cartlevel=1
Zone 4 online registration is temporarily unavailable for unknown technical reasons (possibly a moth….a moth somewhere it shouldn’t be). Stay tuned, we will let you know as soon as it is resolved.
Yes, it gets dark really early now. But you should be happy because that means snow is on it’s way! Registration for Seasons Passes and the Jackrabbit program are now open here.
Seasons Pass prices have not changed this year, making a good deal even better. So, sign up now!